Thursday, March 5, 2020

My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak




I love supporting indie authors and Wattpad writers, along with the traditional authors, so when I stumbled upon this audiobook I couldn't help myself. 




I really liked this book. I went into it not fully knowing what to expect besides a lot of boys in one household. The story takes place on a farm, that our main character moves to after losing her parents and sister in a car accident. Sad right? She doesn't adjust right away. She wonders which of the Walters can be trusted. While some many it obvious they dislike her, others are harder to pinpoint. Overtime, she becomes close to Alex. But, Cole isn't letting it slide too easily.

The overall book was cute and hilarious at times. I recommend it for older teens versus younger. Also a slight warning that the ending will have you wanting a sequel!


Content: 

(I unfortunately don't have a complete list of content, however I will list as much as I recall.)
This book contains no actual/physical sex but doesn't contain a couple mentions regarding it. Some language such as shit-head, asshole, damn, and so on. I cannot recall any F-bombs but there might have possibly been one or two. There are some scenes with drinking and one when the main character gets drunk. Also a game of spin-the-bottle.

This book was NOT given to me by the author, but was listened to on Audible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Post:

Six Years of Always Keep Fighting + How I came to find Supernatural

                       A L W A Y S   K E E P                         F I G H T I N G  This week marks the 6th Anniversary of Always Keep Fig...